Thursday 9 September 2010

New obsession: David Gilbert

pieces of art crush

Bits of rubbishy paper twisted and coiled probably done with no thought as to what it would ultimatley look like, placed and photographed in a way that makes you think it is beautiful.


I love this, it's my kind of mix of old, found, abandoned object that has a kind of era specific, kitcsh naff-ness to it, just attacked with a brash colour of paint. Brilliant.
This piece above is called fred and ginger. How good.
This one looks like something sat on my desk right now-


And this stuff below, almost replaces my obsession with Rachel Harrison.
So well done, exactly what I am struggling with trying to make at the minute, this is what I want to do. Strange, odly placed instalations and photographs.
Brilliantly photographed and hung in the gallery space next to similar objects, very nice. The real and represented.
from his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment